Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Fog

Image by http://stephensoo.blogspot.com/2009/04/melbourne-shrouded-in-fog.html

I am awake before the birds are today.
Mind you, it’s a little after 7am and it’s only the fog that keeps them sleepy. I can see them in the trees all puffy and cute wrapped in dewy grey blankets.

I wish to stay home today, to sit by my window and watch the sunshine burn the layers of fog, to toast the birds until they stir and press their feathers back to their skin, because they are warm. And they will sing and feed, and poo on my car. And I will watch them, and write. But I have to go to work. In the city. Amongst the buildings, up high. With my computer and my photocopier and my crappy cappuccino machine. And the in-tray that rivals Mount Everest.

And then, when I DO get to work ...I write about how I want to be at home. Writing. And watching the birds poo on my car, once the sun burns away the fog.


.

No comments: