Friday, September 25, 2009

Sunday May 18th, 2008

Written over a year ago...The day after my 1 year anniversary celebrations in Melbourne ... and that was the night I met my Jimmy....
And he called me the very next day :)

IM SO PROUD OF ME.
_______________________________________________________

I sit here in the aftermath of last nights house party. Im hungover as fuck, but ridiculously content. Momentous occasions like these tend to give rise to contemplation...

Holy shit. One year. One year ago I sat alone in a room in Prahran. I was tired, emotionally drained, and in shock. I had just gotten off the plane, with a suitcase of clothes (but no warm jumpers). Hell, I got on a plane without a plan, no money, one (almost maxed out) credit card, no job to go to, and no real idea of where (or how) I might live. I took a massive risk, at a time when I was probably classified as emotionally unstable.

And look at me now! I dance, drink, party, love, laugh, see, do, breathe, eat, play, work and live all that is Melbourne - and all it has to offer. I show my friends and family around my city, and they can see for themselves how it has affected me... Im successful....and Im having a damn good time!

Though I should probably lay off the Tequila... shooters are fun but damn theyre dangerous! hehe but hey, at least I outlasted a certain housemate who passed out at 8.45pm (outlasted him by nearly 8 more hours!)

Its 2008 - and its MY year.

No comments: