Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy May 17th

Today was momentous…. a little bump for the congregations of pilgrams who migrate from west to east... a mountain for me.

On the 17th of May every year I grant myself the opportunity to stop, step back, and congratulate my inner self. On the 17th of May 2007, I found truth in the idea that everything truly would be ok, and on the 17th on May 2007 and every subsequent year since, I find the strength and resolve to fight for everything I ever believe in and hold cherished.

This day three years ago I boarded that lonely midnight flight to the other side of the country. Broke, depressed, dependent, deserted…. and yet electricity humming under my skin begging to burst forth in a shower of blue sparks.

It has taken years for those sparks to illuminate the path I now walk. Three years and still, some years yet to come.

I wasn’t a girl when I came to this place, nor was I a woman. I was just a vacant body devoid of dreams and only harbouring the desire for something else. I’ve turned that ‘else’ into some and more.

You should see me now.

No comments: