Monday, March 16, 2009

Grandpa

.
For all of my adult life I have been gifted with an awareness of the external influence on my life. Of whisperings that guided me always, in the right direction, even if it seemed wrong in the beginning.

Ive always known that since my grandpa's death in 2001, he has watched over his eldest grandaughter with as much devotion as he showed all of his granchildren.

And Ive started to document the ways in which his helping hand has helped me to balance when I slipped. I will go into these in more detail at a later time.

Today:
On the weekend, my agent emailed to tell me that my modelling photos needed to be updated and Id be sure of securing more work if only I could provide her with something new to work with. Jimmy and I talked long and hard about my modelling that weekend. He wanted me to quit my job at the firm and pursue modelling more rigorously. He has ulterior motives for this I know, he watches me come home some nights so completely drained, hating my job, angry at the people I work with, and so utterly despondent, that he would almost suggest anything if only I came home happy. And he is convinced I could be the worlds greatest supermodel... oh bless him!
I know that I need new images, and I know that the potential for work is out there, but the reality is that there is SO much more I need to focus on to get through this year. Plus I need the right photographer, with the talent, to get new photos, and I havent got the money to pay them right now.

WELL. Today I received a phonecall from a man I worked with last year. His calendar was freeing up, and would I like to work with him?? Paid hourly, of course, and we can do images that would suit us both. BRILLIANT. Lovely new photos and a paycheck at the end of the day.

Thankyou Pa.


No comments: